Tuesday, July 29, 2008

BUSCH GARDENS

We are in Tampa for the Freightliner chassis rally. You really learn a lot about what seems to be very complicated to me - I'm not usually the driver, but there are a lot of items on our coach we have yet to discover - and keep doing it everytime we talk to either the mfg. of the coach (Tiffin) or the mfg. of the major parts of the coach - like Freightliner, Cummins, HWH, Onan, Thetford, and who knows what!? It has really surprised me how much RV (you know who this is...)enjoys driving this big diesel pusher. It is a pleasure to be the co-pilot. By the way, we use a Garmin 720, our various trucker's and large print atlas, Next Exit (for the interstate) the RV'ers Notebook and the 2008 Trailer Life Directory installed on our computer. You learn not to trust any book or gps, but together with luck, we seem to get there. By the way, RV gave me a handheld Garmin etrex Legend for my birthday - I'll write about that later, but I'm so excited to start my new hobby - geocaching. Yahoo!

Anyway, a pleasant surprise on Saturday was when Kristen and all 4 grandchildren came to visit us at Rally Park. We grilled out and while Kenneth and Kiley stayed with us in the RV, Kristen, Khloe and Kenzie checked into the Hampton Inn across the street. Next day, while RV stayed at the RV to take care of maintenance and upkeep issues, Kristen and I took all the children to Busch Gardens. What a day! We had a great time in spite of the rain that came down in buckets at least 2 times. I'm sure that isn't what they remember when they talk about this trip. We came back and Kristen took the children to the pool before she started back to GCS - I'm sure everyone settled in for a nice nap on the way back home. Kenneth is such a big help - he let us know he can't wait to go to Yellowstone.

The next couple of days we'll be concentrating on the Rally so this was a great break and we enjoyed every minute.



No comments :